Kitchen Fun - Pepino Melon Pancakes
In my Obsession with Pancakes series, the next one I present are Pepino Melon Pancakes. Originally from South America this sweet edible fruit with flavor profile being a mixture of honeydew melon and cucumber.
This fruit always intrigued me and I thought why not blend it into my Pancaked series. So here we are!
And now for my recipe.
Sugar - 2 to 3 teaspoons if needed
Pepino Melon - 1 medium sized grated
Butter - for cooking
1) In the pre-made Pancake Batter using Recipe 1, add the grated Pepino. And Sugar if needed.
2) Pour a ladle full of the Pepino Pancake Batter on to the hot skillet.
3) Cook on both sides till they turn golden brown.
4) Top with Maple Syrup before serving.
1) I don’t like them too ripe. So ended up grating the Pepino Melon. If they are ripe, just blend them in a blender.
2) The Kodiak Pancake Mix with Pepino Melon doesn’t need additional sugar. However if the Melon is a bit bland, add a couple of teaspoons of Sugar.
3) You can also top it with Powdered Sugar or Whipped Cream.