Kitchen Fun - Dragon Fruit Pancakes
In my Obsession with Pancakes series, the next one I present are Dragon Fruit Pancakes; a bit soft, a little fruity, and a bit heavy.
I have seen Dragon Fruit Pancakes made of Dragon Fruit Sauce or pre-packed Dragon Fruit Smoothies.
I wanted to try the same with fresh Dragon Fruit to make it more organic version.
And here is my recipe for the same.
Dragon Fruit - 1 large sized fruit, mashed
Sugar - 1/3 Cup
Butter - for cooking
1) In a small sauce pan, mix the mashed Dragon Fruit and Sugar together. On slow flame cook the resulting mixture for 5 minutes or until it becomes a little syrupy.
2) Set it aside and leave it to cook.
3) In the bowl that contains the already made Pancake Batter using Recipe 1 link above, add the cooled Dragon Fruit and Sugar mixture.
4) Mix everything together to form a smooth batter. If needed add a little water.
5) Heat a skillet, and smear a little butter.
6) Pour a ladle full of the Dragon Fruit Pancake Batter on to the hot skillet.
7) Cook on both sides till they turn golden brown.
8) Serve warm topping with Powdered Sugar. I didn’t actually top it with anything.
1) You could top these Dragon Fruit Pancakes with Butter, Maple Syrup and Whipped Cream as well.