Kitchen Fun - Coconut Pancakes
When my dear friend Minnie, shared her memory from a while ago about Coconut Pancakes with caramelized hazelnuts, gianduja spread, maple syrup & a cortado; I had to try to make a version of Coconut Pancakes at my home too, and add it to the series.
And so in my Obsession with Pancakes series, the next one I present are Coconut Pancakes; a bit crunchy, a bit sweet and oh so light!! Now for the recipe.
Pancake Mix: Use either of the two recipes I posted for Pancake Mix - Aparna's Pancake Mix Recipe 1 or Aparna's Pancake Mix Recipe 2 for this. I used my Recipe 1, but substituted Milk with Coconut Milk.
Shredded Coconut - 1/3 Cup
Salt - per taste
Vanilla Extract (optional) - 1 teaspoon
Butter - for cooking
1) In the bowl that contains the already made Pancake Batter using Recipe 1 link above, add the Shredded Coconut, Salt and Vanilla Extract.
2) Mix everything together to form a smooth batter.
3) Heat a skillet, and smear a little butter.
4) Pour a ladle full of the Coconut Pancake Batter on to the hot skillet.
5) Cook on both sides till they turn golden brown.
6) Serve warm with a sprinkle of shredded Coconut.
1) If the Shredded Coconut is sweetened, you don’t need to add Sugar. I used fresh grated Coconut which was very sweet, so I didn’t use Sugar either. However if you need Sugar, add 1 to 2 tablespoons.
2) You could top these Coconut Pancakes with Whipped Cream, Butter, Maple Syrup, Powdered Sugar, Bananas, Pineapple, Chocolate Chips and Macadamia Nuts
3) You can make your own Coconut Syrup too to add to it instead of Maple Syrup.