Kitchen Fun - Eggless Whole Wheat Flour Chia Seeds Pancakes
Again combining my ongoing Quirky Day Blog and my Obsession with Pancakes series, the next one I present are Eggless Whole Wheat Flour Chia Seeds Pancakes; a complete healthy option for these addictive breakfast flat cake
Pancake Mix: Use either of the two recipes I posted for Pancake Mix - Aparna's Pancake Mix Recipe 1 (https://inspirethoughts.livejournal.com/779226.html) or Aparna's Pancake Mix Recipe 2 (https://inspirethoughts.livejournal.com/779415.html) for this. I used my Recipe 2, without Eggs and substituted the following - instead of Milk I used Butter Milk (2 Cups), and instead of Buckwheat Flour I used Banana Flour.
Chia Seeds - 6 tablespoons
Baking Powder - 4 teaspoons
Baking Soda - a pinch
Salt - per taste
Sugar - 4 tablespoons (if needed)
Vanilla Extract (Optional) - 1/4 teaspoon
Butter - for cooking
Lemon Zest - 1 to 2 teaspoons
1) In the bowl that contains the already made Pancake Batter using Recipe 2 link above, add the Chia Seeds, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, Sugar and Lemon Zest.
2) Mix everything together to form a smooth batter.
3) Heat a skillet, and smear a little butter.
4) Pour a ladle full of the Eggless Whole Wheat Flour Chia Seeds Pancake Batter on to the hot skillet.
5) Cook on both sides till they turn golden brown.
6) Serve warm with a sprinkle of Powdered Sugar.
1) You don’t have to soak the Chia Seeds first if the batter is going to sit for a while. If you are going to use the batter immediately, soak the Chia Seeds for 5 minutes in water so it becomes softer when cooking.
2) Banana Flour that I used made the batter lightly sweet for me. So I ended up adding 2 tablespoons of Sugar.
3) You could top these Eggless Whole Wheat Flour Chia Seeds Pancakes with Butter, Maple Syrup, and any kind of berries such as Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, etc.