Kitchen Fun - Peppermint Candy Cane Pancakes
My dear friend, Preethi, had given me some peppermint candy canes during the Christmas time, because I had mentioned that I never ate them. Well, I took a bite and found them too minty or sweet for my palate. So what did I do then. Made pancakes! What else! :P
And so in my Obsession with Pancakes series, the next one I present are Candy Cane Pancakes; the sweet minty flavored flat cake. Now for the recipe.
Peppermint Candy Canes - 4 medium sized
Vanilla Extract (optional) - 1/2 teaspoon
1) Crush the Peppermint Candy Canes in a mortar and pestle into tiny pieces, but not entirely into powder. They should be granular enough to be seen.
2) In the bowl that contains the already made Pancake Batter using Recipe 2 link above, add the crushed Peppermint Candy Canes into it.
3) Mix everything together to form a smooth batter
4) Heat a skillet, and smear a little butter.
5) Pour a ladle full of the Peppermint Candy Cane Pancake Batter on to the hot skillet.
6) Cook on both sides till they turn golden brown.
7) Serve warm with a layer of Whipped Cream.
1) The Peppermint Candy Canes felt really sweet for my palate so I didn’t add any Sugar to the batter. However, if you have a sweet tooth, add Sugar accordingly.
2) You could also top the pancakes with just Butter, or Maple Syrup, or Powdered Sugar, or some of the crushed Peppermint Candy Canes.