Kitchen Fun - Savory Avocado Pancakes
In my Obsession with Pancakes series, the next one I present are Avocado Pancakes. Although they are pancakes, and believe me if you will, I did use pancake batter (one of two links I provided below), but the taste was very similar to an Indian Uttapam or Dosa. How interesting that something I made totally western, tasted totally Indian (eastern)!
Now for the recipe.
Avocado - 1 medium sized
Salt - per taste
Green Chilis / Jalapenos - 3 small ones
Oil or Butter - for cooking
Cilantro - as needed chopped finely
Onion - 1 medium sized chopped finely
1) Mash Avocado into a smooth paste.
2) In the bowl that contains the already made Pancake Batter using Recipe 2 link above, add the mashed Avocado, finely chopped Onion, Cilantro and Green Chilis.
3) Mix everything together. Add Salt and mix again.
4) Heat a skillet, and smear a little butter.
5) Pour a ladle full of the Avocado Pancake Batter on to the hot skillet.
6) Cook on both sides till they turn golden brown.
7) Serve warm with a side of Mint Chutney or Coconut Chutney or any kind of spicy side.
1) If the avocados are not soft, just blend them in a blender with little water to form a smooth paste.
2) It’s a savory pancake, so I didn’t use Sugar in the batter; nor did I use any Maple Syrup, or Whipped Cream, or Powdered Sugar for toppings. However, I suppose you can add them if you have a sweet tooth.