Kitchen Fun - Mango Pancakes
In my Obsession with Pancakes series, I present - Mango Pancakes. Pureed or grated, sweet or sour, Mango forms a perfect fruit pairing in pancakes.
Now for the recipe.
Pancake Mix: Use either of the two recipes I posted for Pancake Mix - Aparna's Pancake Mix Recipe 1 (https://inspirethoughts.livejournal.com/779226.html) or Aparna's Pancake Mix Recipe 2 (https://inspirethoughts.livejournal.com/779415.html) for this. I used my Recipe 2 this time.
Mangoes - 2 medium size, bit harder to touch
Butter - as needed for cooking
Sugar (Organic Brown) - 2 tablespoons, only if the mangoes are very sour and raw.
1) Peel the mangoes and grate them.
2) In the bowl that contains the already made Pancake Batter using one of the recipe links above, add the grated Mango.
3) Mix the batter thoroughly for the Mango to blend in.
4) Heat a skillet, and smear a little butter.
5) Pour a ladle full of the Mango Pancake Batter on to the hot skillet.
6) Cook on both sides till they turn golden brown.
7) Serve warm with a side of mango slices.
1) I selected sweet mangoes which were a bit hard. So I peeled and grated them. If your mangoes are soft, you could blend them into a mushy paste.
2) Since my Mangoes were quite sweet, I didn’t need to add any external sugar. However if your Mangoes are sour and very raw, go ahead add Organic Brown Sugar as recommended.
3) Mangoes were sweet enough for me. So I did not serve them with any Whipped Cream and Maple Syrup or Powdered Sugar. Top your pancakes with any or all if you want.