Kitchen Fun - Veggies & Zucchini Noodles with Hemp Alfredo Sauce
Everyone I know had been raving about Zucchini Noodles and the fact that it is a very healthy option to substitute with regular pasta or noodles. So the next time when I had put in my Instacart order, I added pre-made Zucchini Noodles to my list. I couldn’t wait for the order to come in soon enough to try the recipe.
With the amount of Noodles I got and due it's low shelf-life, I ended up making it twice. Once with a small amount of Alfredo Sauce and the Second time around I was a little liberal in the usage of the Alfredo Sauce. Either options tasted really good.
And here is the recipe for the dish.
1) Zucchini Noodles - 1 Cup
2) Green, Yellow and Orange Bell Peppers - 1 Cup
3) Onion - Small size
4) Hemp Seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
5) Thyme - 1/4 teaspoon
6) Basil Leaves - 1/4 teaspoon
7) Cilantro - 1/4 teaspoon (Optional)
8) Black Pepper - per taste
9) Green Chilis - 1 small size
10) Salt per taste
11) Oil for sautéing.
12) Alfredo Sauce - as needed
1) Thinly slice a quarter each of Green, Yellow and Orange Bell Peppers together to form one Cup.
2) Thinly slice a small sized Onion.
3) In a pan, dry roast Hemp Seeds until they are lightly browned. Keep them aside.
4) In another sauce pan, pour a little oil. Once heated, add Basil Leaves, Cilantro (optional), Thyme and Green Chilis. Stir them lightly.
5) Now add the sliced Onions, let stir a little.
6) Add the sliced Bell Peppers, and stir all the contents lightly.
7) Now add Zucchini Noodles and stir well till all the vegetables are cooked enough but crispiness is still retained.
8) Add the roasted Hemp Seeds, Black Pepper, Salt and Alfredo Sauce.
9) Toss the vegetables until the alfredo sauce and spices coat evenly on the veggies.
10) Remove from stove and serve hot.
11) You can garnish with shredded cheese if needed.
1) I used store-bought pre-made Zucchini Noodles. But you can make them at home too.
2) You can add other vegetables such as Carrots, Spinach, Squash, etc to this recipe. But remember to slice them all thinly to be in with the consistency of Zucchini Noodles.
3) Don’t stir the vegetables too much, lest you might break them or lose their crispiness.
Now that I have tried this, my next step is to make my very own Zucchini Noodles at home and try the recipe again.