Finally after several failures I could get this dessert successful when I made it this time. Only thing is what am I going to do with all these now. **Satisfied Smirk**
Here's the recipe for these delicious sweet balls.
Bengal Gram / Chana Dal / Senaga Pappu - 1 Cup
Sugar - 1 Cup
Cardamom Powder - 2 tsps
Black Gram Dal / Urad Dal / Minapappu - 1/2 Cup
Rice - 1 Cup
Oil for deep frying
1) Soak Rice and Black Gram together for 6 to 7 years.
2) Grind into a thick paste along with salt and keep aside. The batter should be think enough that it can coat any dumpling (Similar to Mirchi Bajji batter).
3) Soak Bengal Gram in water for an hour. Pressure cook the Dal with 2 Cups of Water. Give only one whistle. Remove the cooker from flame and let it cool.
4) Remove the cooked Bengal Gram from the cooker. Spread it in a plate or a cotton cloth and leave it to air dry for about 30 to 45 mins.
5) Grind the Bengal Gram into fine powder and pour into a bowl.
6) Add Sugar and Cardamom Powder into the bowl. Keand it into smooth dough. Take care in adding Sugar. Dough may turn into liquid if the Sugar is more.