Well, now for the actual recipe process.This curry is made with long brinjals. I am writing this recipe for 2 long brinjals.
2 Long Brinjals
15 Cloves of Garlic
Red Chilli Powder (2 to 3 Tsps or as much spicy as you want)
Oil for Deep Frying Brinjals
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
1/2 tsp Urad Daal (Black Lentils)
1/2 tsp Jeera Seeds (Cumin Seeds)
3 Red Chillies cut into small pieces
Pinch of Hing (Asafoetida)
1) Cut the Brinjals into 3 inch pieces. Deep fry them in oil (Use Olive Oil for deep frying to reduce the added cholestrol). Keep them aside once fried well after removing from the oil.
2) Cut the Garlic Cloves into small pieces. Grind the Garlic Pieces, Red Chilli Powder and Salt to a fine paste.
3) Stuff the fried Brinjals with the grounded paste.
4) Now in a skillet, put a little oil. Add all the items listed for Tadka above. After frying little, add the stuffed Brinjal pieces. Move them gently in the skillet once (do not over move them, else they will open up and become crushed).
5) Close the lid and keep it on very low flame for 15 mins. Curry will be done.
6) Serve hot with Rice.