Another experiment in kitchen that I thought I pulled it off my hair. However, when I did a quick google search (after preparing the dish), realized that it was more of a discovery rather than invention. Alas! **False Sighing** **Foolish Grin**
1) Pressure cook 1.5 cups of Rice. Once cooled fluff with a fork to separate individual rice grains. You can use Basmati or regular Sona Masoori. I ran out of Basmati so used Sona Masoori.
2) In a small flat pan heat 1/2 tsp Oil. Fry 1/2 cup Okra pieces chopped into thin slices till they are brownish on the edges. Keep them aside.
3) In a large flat pan, heat 1 tsp Oil.
4) Add 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds, 1/4 tsp Jeera (Cumin) Seeds, 1/4 tsp Urad Dal, a pinch of Turmeric, a few Curry Leaves and a pinch of Hing / Asafoetida.
5) Once the spices fry, add 2 long Green Chilis chopped into thin slices. Stir a few minutes.
6) Add 1 medium Onion chopped finely and 1/4 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste. I normally make the paste from fresh Ginger and Garlic (two cloves of Garlic and 1 1/2 inch Garlic). However today I used the store bought version.
7) Stir till Onions are tender. Add 1 small Tomato chopped finely.
8) Keep stirring till all the contents are cooked well.
9) Now add Salt per taste, 1/4 tsp Curry Masala and the fried Okra pieces/
10) Stir well. Add the cooked rice, stir well till all the ingredients mix well.
11) Remove from flame. Serve hot with either Curd or Raitha or Pickle or Chutney.