11/19/2012: Gongura Curry - This tart leafy vegetable can be made into several dishes. One of them is this easy Curry
1) Pluck the leaves of Gongura and mince it to small leaves.
2) In a cooker, put the leaves, 1/3 cup of Moong Dal, 2/3 cup of Chana Dal and pressure cook it with enough water.
3) Once the leaves are cooked, set the cooker aside for pressure to release.
4) In a pan, heat a little oil. Add Mustard Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Chana Dal, Urad Dal, Asofoetida, Curry Leaves and minced Garlic Cloves.
5) Once all get slightly brown in color, add minced green chillies. Fry them a little while.
6) Add finely chopped onions.
7) Cook till the onions are half-cooked. Add the cooked leaves and Dal from the cooker.
8) Add salt and red chilli powder if needed. Mix well and simmer for about 5 to 10 mins.
9) Curry is ready to have it with either Roti or Rice.