11/09/2012: Garlic Rice - On days I am too tired to make anything elaborate, I make this quick version of Rice that is easy to eat with just plain Curd or Pickle.
1) Pressure cook 1 cup of Rice with 2 cups Water. Once the pressure is off and cooker is cooked completely, remove the whistle.
2) Fluff the rice lightly with a fork and keep aside.
3) In a pan heat 1 tsp Oil. Add 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds, 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds, 1/4 tsp Urad Dal, 1/4 tsp Chana Dal, a pinch of Asafoetida (Hing), a few Curry Leaves.
4) Once the spices sputter add 2 medium Green Chilis split into 1 inch thin slices, 5 cloves of Garlic chopped finely and a few Cashewnuts.
5) Saute for a few minutes and add the cooked Rice.
6) Mix well. Add Salt per taste and simmer on low flame for few minutes.
7) Serve hot with plain Curd or Pickle or any Chutney.