11/01/2012: Green Papaya Curry with Roti - I am used to cooking alone in my kitchen and rarely have people helping me out. But this time around the cooking date turned out not only to be fun-filled but also interesting. Fun cause of the jokes going around, interesting cause the mish-mash of the recipe we made. End result: 100% satisfaction to stomach, mind and heart. :)
1) Peel 1 medium Potato and cut into bite size cubes.
2) Peel 1 medium sized Green Papaya and cut into thin slices, bite-sized.
3) In a pan heat Oil. Add 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds, 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds and a few Bay Leaves.
4) Once the spices sputter add 1/4 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste, pinch of Turmeric Powder, 1 medium Green Chili chopped finely and the cut pieces of Papaya and Potato.
5) Saute for a few minutes. Add 1 medium Tomato chopped finely, 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder, 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder, 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder, Salt per taste and 1 cup of Water.
6) Stir well so all spices are coated well. Add 2 tsps of Coconut Powder.
7) Stir again and simmer on low flame till the veggies cook well.
8) Garnish with Cilantro Leaves. Serve hot with Rice or Roti.