10/28/2012: Potlakaya Fry - I know very few dishes to make with Potlakaya (Snake Gourd). However, one will be amazed at what one can land into while doing a google search for anything. That is exactly where I landed into when searching for recipes with Potlakaya, here at Potlakaya Fry. Turned out to be a good land! He he he!
1) Wash and cut 1 medium Potalakaya into thin slices. Put them in a bowl and add little salt. Mix well and keep them aside for 5 minutes.
2) Now separate water from Potlakaya pieces by pressing them with your palm and fingers.
3) Microwave these pieces for 10 minutes under cover.
4) In a pan heat 2 tsps Oil. Add 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds, 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds, 1/4 tsp Urad Dal, 1/4 tsp Chana Dal, a few Red Chili flakes, pinch of Hing (Asafoetida) and a few Curry Leaves.
5) Once the Spices sputter, add the cooked Potlakaya pieces and Salt per taste.
6) Stir fry them till they become slightly dry. Garnish with 2 tsps of Coconut Powder before removing from flame.
7) Remove from flame. Serve hot with Rice or Roti.