10/25/2012: Red Pumpkin Curry - After trying out a curry with White Pumpkin a while ago, I decided to try a similar one with Red Pumpkin too, of course my usual twist in the recipe always exists.
1) In a pan heat 2 tsps of Oil. Add 1/4 tsp of Mustard Seeds, 1/4 tsp of Cumin Seeds, a few Red Chili flakes, 1/4 tsp Urad Dal, 1 Garlic clove peeled and chopped and a few Curry Leaves.
2) Once the spices heat, add 1 medium Onion chopped finely and saute till they are translucent.
3) Add 1 small Red Pumpkin chopped to bite size cubes and 1 medium Tomato chopped finely. Mix well.
4) Add a pinch of Turmeric and Salt per taste. Mix well and cook on slow flame for approx 15 mins.
5) Now add Red Chili Powder per taste, 1/4 tsp Coriander Powder and Sugar per taste. Stir well.
6) Add 1/2 cup Water, cover and cook on slow flame until all veggies get cooked well.
7) Remove from flame and garnish with Coriander Leaves.8) Serve hot with Rice or Roti.