Prologue: Go here. 10/23/2012: Masala Dal Stuffed Roti - Another miracle with left-overs. Masala Dal turned into a stuffed Roti. Simple and easy to make, and another interesting item for a meal at any time of the day. My friend, RS had loved it and had taken an extra Roti for dinner when I made them. :)Recipe:
1) Add enough Wheat Flour to the Masala Dal, Salt (a little will be needed) and Red Chili Powder. Mix well into a soft dough.
2) Add Water if needed, but it will NOT require more than 1/4 cup.
3) Make a small ball of the dough, roll it into a Roti.
4) Heat a flat Tava and fry the rolled dough on both sides with a few drops of Oil.
5) Serve hot with Curd or Raita. No other curry or chutney is required as the stuffing itself is spicy enough.