10/21/2012: Bread Upma - My favorite breakfast when I am down with fever although I rarely make it cause I rarely fall sick enough to crave to eat this one. **wicked grin**
1) In a pan heat 1 tsp of Ghee. Shallow fry the cut slices of Bread (cut them them to small squares with or without borders) by stirring them around continuously.
2) Dont burn them. Keep them aside when done.
3) In the same pan, heat 2 tsps of Oil. Add 1/4 tsp of Mustard Seeds, a few Red Chilli flakes and 1 mediun Onion chopped finely.
4) Once the Onions are translucent, add 1 medium Green Chilli chopped finely and a few Curry Leaves. Stir once.
5) Add 1 tsp Garam Masala and Salt per taste. Mix well. Add 1/4 cup frozen veggies (peas and carrots).
6) Mix well and cook till the veggies are cooked well.
7) Add the bread slices and stir gently so the mixture spreads evenly but the bread pieces are intact.
8) Simmer for a few minutes, garnish with cilantro leaves and remove from flame.
9) Serve hot or warm.