10/20/2012: Chickpeas Dosa - Didnt know what to do with soaked Chickpeas that had been little more than what I want for a dish that I was preparing. I remembered a passing conversation with a friend a while ago about making Chickpea Dosa. Although I did not remember the entire conversation, I tried it out with my own spin to the recipe. Turned out good enough although a few got burnt. :)
1) Soak a cup of Chickpeas in Water overnight. Strain from Water.
2) In a blender, grind Chickpeas, 2 to 3 Green Chilis, 1 medium Onion into a coarse paste. Add Water if needed.
3) Make sure that the batter is a little thicker than the regular Dosa batter.
4) Add a few Coriander Leaves, pinch of Turmeric and Salt per taste to the batter.
5) Heat a tava or a flat pan. Spread Oil inside the pan.
6) Take a ladle full of the batter, spread it on the tava. Let it cook on one side.
7) Turn it around and cook on the other side. Remove from flame into a serving plate.
8) Serve hot with Chutney or Sambar or Pickle or Chutney Powder.