10/18/2012: Kashmiri Pulao - When Sushmitha (sumthn2say)posted about Kashmiri Pulao in one of her trip to Kashmir photos, I could not resist the urge to eat the same. What I do then? Made the same one day for dinner in my Kitchen. I was amazed at how good the Pulao turned out to be. The taste still lingers in my head. Yummmm!
1) Cook 1 cup of Rice with 1/4 tsp Safforn, pinch of Sugar and Salt in a pressure cooker.
2) Once the pressure is off, fluff the rice with a fork and put the contents into a large mixing bowl.
3) In a pan heat 1 tsp Oil. Add 1 cup of vegetables (Peas, Carrots and Corn) and stir fry them for a few minutes or until tender.
4) Add the vegetables to the mixing bowl.
5) In the same pan heat 1 tsp of Ghee. Fry 1/2 cup of dry fruits (Almonds, Cashewnuts and Raisins). Add the same to the mixing bowl.
6) Add chopped fresh fruit (1 Apple chopped finely, 1/2 a medium Pomagranate de-seeded) into the mixing bowl.
7) Add a little Sugar and some crushed Cardamom to the mixing bowl.
8) Mix all the contents gently.
9) Serve warm or at room temperature along with Curd or Raita.