Prologue: Go here. 10/14/2012: Yard Long Beans Curry - I used to see these Long and Thin Beans that are almost a yard in length at the Indian Grocery store I frequent to. Was not sure what to cook with them and how to. However, I do make the regular Beans into a spicy curry in South Indian style. So I thought why not use the same recipe for the same. End result was definitely yummy!
1) Wash and cut one bunch of Yard Long Beans into one inch long pieces.
2) Pressure cook them with enough water upto three whistles.
3) In a pan heat 2 tsps of Oil. Add 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds, 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds, 1 medium Onion chopped finely and a pinch of Turmeric.
4) Saute till Onions are translucent. Add 1 medium Tomato chopped finely, 2 tsps of Coconut Powder, a few Methi Leaves and 1/2 cup Milk.
5) Stir well and cook till Tomatoes are cooked. Add the cooked Yard Long Beans, Salt per taste, Red Chili Powder per taste and 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder.
6) Stir and cook on low flame. If needed add 1/4 cup Water.
7) Simmer till the veggies are tender.
6) Remove from flame. Serve with Rice or Roti.