10/03/2012: Neer Dosa - For one of the full moon night celebrations where the theme was white I tried this Dosa to match with the theme. Another google search got me the simple recipe. Since the first attempt was a success, this kind of Dosa became a common breakfast or dinner item in my kitchen.
1) Soak 2 cups of Rice overnight in enough water. Drain the water in the morning.
2) In a blender grind soaked Rice along with 1/2 cup of Coconut Powder (grated fresh or frozen or powder) and Water as required into smooth paste.
3) Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl. Add Salt per taste and Water as needed.
4) Batter should be very thin and watery.
5) Heat a non- stick flat griddle or tawa on a moderate heat. Spray oil inside of the pan.
6) When the Tawa is hot, pour batter and spread around the tawa to make a thin dosa. Since the batter is watery, it may not require as much of spreading of the batter as a regular dosa.
7) Lower the heat, cover with a lid and cook till the dosa is cooked. Then fold the dosa in half and again half.
8) Take off the stove. Serve with any Chutney or Pickle or Chutney Powder.