09/23/2012: Beetroot Onion Ravva Dosa - I had too many Beetroots at home at one point of time. So what do I make of them? Several dishes involving Beetroot. First up is this regular Ravva Dosa with a twist. :)
1) Peel and cut 1 mendium Beetroot into bite size pieces.
2) In a pan heat 1/2 tsp Oil and add 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds. Then add grated Beetroot and cook till it turns soft.
3) In a blender, grind cooked Beetroot into a semi-fine paste.
4) Pour it into a bowl. To it add 1/2 cup Rice Flour, 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour and 1 cup Semolina / Sooji.
5) Add Salt per taste and Water enough to make it a thick Dosa batter. Mix well without lumps.
6) Heat oil in a non-stick pan and pour one ladleful of batter.
7) Spread the batter in a circular motion and cook for a minute.
8) Turn it over and cook for a few more seconds.
9) Remove from flame. Serve hot with Chutney or Sambar or Raita