Prologue: Go here.
09/19/2012: Godhuma Pindi Payasam / Wheat Flour Noodles Kheer - Happy Ganesh Chathurthi! The nine day festival of Lord Ganesha starts on the Shukla Chathurthi of the month of Bhadrapada. This day is celebrated as the birthday of Lord Ganesha, son of Lord Siva and Goddess Parvati. On this occasion we offer favorite food of the Lord such as Undrallu and Payasam, of which one is what I am posting here.
1) Make a soft dough of 1 cup Wheat Flour with Water.
2) Make tiny balls of the dough and roll it into long vertical thin noodle-like strips.
3) Cut these strips in 2 to 3 inch pieces.
4) In a sauce pan add two cups Water and Sugar per taste. Add the cut Wheat dough strips.
5) Bring it to a boil and simmer till the the Wheat dough strips get cooked well.
6) In a small cup mix 2 tsps of Wheat flour in cold water. Add this to the sauce pan.
7) Simmer for a few more minutes.
8) Remove from flame. Garnish with either grated dry coconut powder or cut pieces of dry coconut and Cardamom Powder.
9) Serve warm or cold.