09/14/2012: Methi Leaves (Fenugreek Leaves) Pulao - Another Rice variety with Methi Leaves. Very simple recipe.
1) In a pressure cooker, heat 1 tsp Oil. Add 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds, 1/4 tsp Jeera Seeds, a pinch of Turmeric and a pinch of Asafoetida.
2) Once the spices sputter, add 1 medium Onion chopped finely, a few Cilantro sprigs and 1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste.
3) Fry well and once the Onions are translucent add 1 medium Tomato chopped finely, 1/4 tsp Garam Masala, Red Chili Powder per taste, a few Mint Leaves and a bunch of chopped Methi Leaves (approx 1.5 cups).
4) Fry well till all the ingredients are cooked well. Add 2 cups Rice and 4 cups of Water.
5) Pressure cook till the cooker gives three whistles. Remove from flame, and leave it till the pressure releases.
6) Serve hot or warm with Raita.