09/08/2012: Oats Chaat - Chaat is the famous Mumbai delicacy that everyone all over India love to eat it. And of course many versions of Chaat can be made, still the basic ingredients are the same. Here is one version with Oats.
1) Soak a cup of Kala Chana (Dry Chick Peas) over night in Water. Drain it and then cook in microwave for 15 mins with a cup of Water and Salt.
2) Drain the excess Water and pour it into a bowl.
3) In a pan dry fry a cup of Oats (rolled Oats that you get at store without flavor can be used). Add to the bowl with Kala Chana.
4) Finely chop 1 medium Tomato and add to the bowl.
5) In a separate cup beat 1.5 cups of thick Curds evenly. Add to the bowl.
6) Add 2 tsp Chili Powder, 2 tsp Black Salt, 2 tsp Cumin / Jeera Powder, 2 tsp Chaat Masala (you can get it in any Indian Grocery store) and Sugar per your taste.
7) Mix all the contents evenly with a spoon. Dont stir too much else you will mush the contents.
8) Garnish with few sprigs of Cilantro and 2 tsps of Meetha Chutney (which you can buy at any Indian Grocery store).
9) Serve immediately for best taste.