09/04/2012: Punjabi Bhindi Masala - When I ate this at a local Indian restaurant, I realized how simple this could be to make. So one day I tried this recipe to see if it is indeed as easy it seemed. Try it out to find for yourself! **wiggling eyebrows**
1) In a pan heat 1/2 tsp of Oil. Add cut pieces of Okra / Bhindi and saute on low flame till they are cooked well. Keep them aside. (I used approx 1/2 a lb of Okra for thsi recipe)
2) In the same pan heat 1 tsp of Oil. Add 1/4 tsp of Cumin Seeds and 1/4 tsp of Jeera Seeds. Allow to sputter.
3) Add 1 medium Onion chopped finely and 1 tsp of Green Chili paste. Saute a little.
4) Add 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste, 1/4 tsp Red Chili Powder, 1/4 tsp of Cilantro Powder, a pinch of Turmeric Powder, 1/4 tsp of Amchur Powder and 1/4 tsp of Methi Powder.
5) Stir and saute for few minutes.
6) Add 1 medium Tomato chopped finely. Saute until the contents are cooked well.
7) Add the previously fried Okra pieces, stir then well with the other contents. Add Salt per taste, simmer on low flame for a few minutes and turn off flame.
8) Garnish with Cilantro Leaves. Serve with Rice or Roti.