09/03/2012: Sweet and Sour Zucchini curry with spices - Simple recipe with a few spices from my kitchen counter adds a zing to Zucchini.
1) Cut 1 medium Zucchini into bite size pieces and keep aside.
2) In a pan, heat 1 tsp Oil. Add 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds, 1/4 tsp Urad Dal, 1/4 tsp Chana Dal, 1/4 tsp Jeera Seeds, a pinch of Asafoetida, a pinch of Turmeric, 2 Curry Leaves and 1 medium Green Chili chopped finely.
3) Saute the spices for about 1/2 a minute.
4) Add the Zucchini pieces, Salt per taste, 1 tsp Red Chili Powder, 1 tsp Garam Masala and 2 tbsps Tamarind Pulp.
5) Stir once and add 1/2 cup Water and 2 tsps of Sugar.
6) Cook under cover on low heat stirring occasionally until there is no water left.
7) Garnish with a few sprigs of Cilantro Leaves and 1 tsp of Dry or Fresh Coconut Powder.
8) Serve with Rice or Roti.