09/02/2012: Lemon Oats - I tried this quick recipe for breakfast once and now it's a regular in my home. Just a little twist to normal, adds a lot of special. **wicked grin**
1) In a pan heat 1 tsp of Oil. Add 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds, 1/4 tsp Jeera seeds, a pinch of Turmeric, a pinch of Asafoetida, two flakes of dry Red Chilis and two Curry Leaves.
2) Once the spices heat, add 1 medium Green Chili copped finely.
3) Add salt and 1 cup Water. Stir and bring to a boil.
4) Add 1 cup of Oats, stir and cook on low flame for approx 5 mins or until Oats get cooked well.
5) Remove flame, garnish with a tsp of Lemon Juice and a few sprigs of Cilantro.
6) Serve with pickle or curd and you get a perfect breakfast for any day, rain, sun or snow!