08/27/2012: Kala Chana and Coconut Gravy Curry - Coconut sprinkled on soaked Kala Chana always adds a twist to these grams. And thus this dish with Coconut Gravy.
1) Soak 1 cup Kala Chana for 24 hrs. Remove the water and pressure cook with three whistles.
2) In a pan dry fry, 2 Cloves, 1/4 inch Cinnamon Stick, few Peppercorns, 2 Red Chilis, 3 tbsp Coconut Powder (fresh or dry) and 1 mendium Onion chopped.
3) Grind the fried contents when cooled into a smooth paste. Add water if needed.
4) In a pan heat 1 tsp Oil. Add 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds and 1/4 tsp Cumin Powder. Add the ground contents. Cook a little.
5) Add pinch of Turmeric, Salt per taste and cooked Kala Chana.
6) Simmer for a few minutes.
7) Serve with Rice or Roti.