08/24/2012: Mullangi (White Radish) Gravy Curry - A hand-me-down recipe from a friend that I found appealing after cooking.
1) In a pan dry fry 1 tsp Methi Seeds. Once cooled grind to fine powder.
2) In a bowl soak 3 to 4 flakes of Tamarind for 10 mins. Squeeze the water and keep aside. Discard the pulp.
3) In a pan heat 2 tsp of Oil. Add 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds, 1/4 tsp Jeera Seeds, 1/4 tsp Urad Dal and a few Curry Leaves.
4) Add cut pieces of 1 small Radish and 1 cup Water along with Salt per taste. Cook under cover on low flame until the Radish pieces are soft.
5) Now add the powdered Methi Seeds, 1 tsp of Red Chili Powder and the Tamarind Paste.
6) Bring to a boil and remove from flame.
7) Serve with Rice.