08/23/2012: Dondakaya Ulli Karam / Spicy Tindora Onion Curry - Came across this recipe when I was trying to find what else I could cook with Tindora. Simple to make and yummy to eat.
1) In a pan heat 1/2 tsp Oil. Fry 1 medium Onion chopped finely.
2) Add 1 to 2 Red Chillies and 2 tsp Coriander Seeds. Stir and remove from flame.
3) Grind the above mixture to a fine paste.
4) In the same pan heat 1 tsp Oil. Add 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds, 1/4 tsp Jeera Seeds, a pinch of Asafoetida, a pinch of Turmeric and a few Curry Leaves.
5) Once they heat, add the cut pieces of Tindora. Cook covered on low flame till the pieces are semicooked.
6) Add the Onion paste, Salt and a few tsps of Water if needed.
7) Stir well and cook till Tindora pieces are cooked well.
8) Remove from flame and serve with Rice or Roti.