08/17/2012: Goruchikkudukaya (Cluster Beans) Fry - If you dont want to spend a whole lot of time in front of the stove, yet want to make a quick, yummy, healthy and amazing curry. Well, this recipe is the perfect answer to that question. What better about this dish is that goes very well as a side for any entree.
1) Cut the Cluster Beans into 1/2 inch pieces. Microwave for 10 mins so they are semi-cooked.
2) In a pan heat 1 tsp Oil. Add 1/4 tsp of Mustard Seeds, 1/4 tsp of Jeera Seeds, a pinch of Turmeric and a few Curry Leaves.
3) Once the spices are fried, add the semi-cooked Cluster Beans pieces. Stir well.
4) In a bowl mix 2 tsps of dry Coconut Powder, 1 tsp of Red Chili Powder and Salt per taste.
5) When the Cluster Beans pieces cook well, add the above mixture from step #4.
6) Stir well, simmer a little and serve hot as a yummy entree.