Prologue: Go here.
08/16/2012: Beerakaya (Ridge Gourd) Rice - I had left over Ridge Gourd Curry from a couple nights before. Since I was tired to eat the same curry three days in a row, I simple used it for creating Beerakaya Rice. Very genious of me, if I may boast! And you will certainly call me so if you had had a chance to taste this concoction.
1) Pressure cook 1 cup of Basmati Rice. Add a tsp of Oil to keep the Rice separated even after cooked.
2) In a pan heat 1 tsp Oil. Add 1/4 tsp Jeera Seeds, 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds, 1/4 tsp Urad Dal, a pinch of Hing and a few Curry Leaves.
3) Once the spices fried, add a few Cashewnuts and the left-over Beerakaya Curry.
4) Fry a little. Adjust Salt if needed, and add 1 tsp of Sesame Powder (dry fry and grind it to powder) and a little Red Chili Powder so the spiciness will get adjusted even after adding Rice.
5) Fry the contents a little. Add the cooked Rice. Mix well and simmer on low flame.
6) Garnish with Cilantro and serve with Raita / Curd / Pickle / Chutneys.