08/01/2012: Beetroot Rawwa (Semolina / Sooji) Laddo - One day I had cravings for eating sweet and was not interested in eating cookies or ice cream that I already had in the freezer. So after looking at the contents I have and browsing the internet I came across this amazing recipe for Beetroot Rawwa Laddoo. As always I simplified it so I dont have to use my brain much. **wicked grin** Two of my good friends and two of my colleagues tasted it and have loved it. I hope you all also will like it. Enjoy!
1) In a pan heat 1/4 a tsp of Ghee and fry a handful of Cashewnuts and Raisins. Put them into a large mixing bowl.
2) In the same pan add 1/4 tsp of Ghee and fry a cup of Semolina / Sooji / Rawa till it is golden brown. Pour this into the mixing bowl.
3) Peel and grate 1 medium sized Beetroot.
4) In the same pan add 1/4 tsp of Ghee and fry the grated Beetroot till the smell of Beetroot gives away.
5) Pour the contents into the mixing bowl. Mix all of the contents of the bowl once.
6) Now add 3/4 cup of Sugar (or as much sweetness you prefer), 1 tsp of Cardamom powder and 2 tsps of Coconut Powder. Mix all the contents again.
7) Now add 1/2 cup of Milk (or as much needed) to bind the contents well.
8) Make small rounds with your hand and place them on a plate.
9) Let them cool a little before serving.