07/31/2012: Parwal Onion Paste Curry - I picked this recipe from online, but I made a few changes to make it easier and simpler for myself. Anything complicated my mind cannot take it, you see! **grinning foolishly**
1) In a pan heat 1 tsp Oil. Add 1/4 tsp Jeera, 2 to 3 Red Chili Flakes and 1 medium Onion finely chopped. Fry till Onions are translucent.
2) Remove from flame, cool and grind to a fine paste.
3) In another pan heat 1 tsp Oil. Add 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds, 1/4 tsp Jeera Seeds, 1/4 tsp Urad Dal, a few Curry Leaves and a pinch of Turmeric.
4) Once the spices fry add 1/2 a pound of Parwal cut to thin long pieces.
5) When the Parwal pieces are semi-cooked, add the Onion Paste and Salt per your taste.
6) Mix well and let the contents cook.
7) Remove from flame and garnish with Cilantro if needed.
8) Serve with Roti or Rice.