07/24/2012: Chana Curry / Garbanzo Beans Curry - Normally I make this with canned Chana. However I had dried Chana so soaked them for 24 hrs before cooking them. One thing what I should have done was microwave the soaked chana for 5 minutes before putting in the curry. They could have been more softer. May be next time that's what I should do. :)
1) Soak 1 cup Chana or Garbanzo Beans for 24 hours in Water. Filter the Water and put it aside.
2) In a pan heat 1 to 2 tsps of Oil. Add 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds, 1/4 tsp Jeera Seeds, a few Curry Leaves and a pinch of Turmeric.
3) After the spices sputter, add 1 medium Onion chopped finely and 1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste.
4) Fry till Onions are tended. Add 1 medium Tomato finely chopped.
5) Stir till Tomatoes are cooked well. Add Salt per taste, 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder, 1/2 tsp Chana Masala and stir well.
6) Microwave Chana for 5 minutes and then add them to the curry above.
7) Stir till all the ingredients are mixed well. Simmer for few mins.
8) Remove from flame, garnish with Cilantro.
9) Serve with Rice or Roti.