07/09/2012: Beetroot Rice - Another delicious dish that I made with Beetroot, simple to make and satisfactory to your stomach, heart and soul!
1) Pressure cook 1 cup of Rice with 2 cups of Water. Fluff it with a spoon and keep it aside.
2) Peel 1 small Beetroot and grate it.
3) In a pan heat 1 1/2 tsp of Ghee. Add 1/4 tsp of Mustard Seeds, 1/4 tsp Jeera Seeds, 1/4 Urad Dal, a few Curry Leaves, a pinch of Turmeric and a pinch of Asafoetida.
4) Once the spices sputter, add 2-3 medium Green Chilis chopped and 1 small Onion chopped. Fry till the Onions become translucent.
5) Add the grated Beetroot and Salt per taste. Cook till Beetroot becomes soft.
6) Now add cooked Rice and stir well. Simmer for few minutes and remove from flame.
7) Garnish with fried Cashewnuts and chopped Cilantro.
8) Serve hot with Raita, Curd or Chutney.