Prologue: Go here.
07/06/2012: Beetroot Kheer / Beetroot Payasam - I came across this recipe when I was looking at to see what I want to make with one left over Beetroot. Was apprehensive on how this would taste, but I must say this is one yummy sweet. I can see myself preparing this sweet for festivals instead of the traditional Semiya Kheer.
1) Peel and cut Beetroot into 1-inch pieces. Pressure cook the pieces.
2) After they cool, grind them to a coarse paste.
3) In a sauce pan, add Beetroot Paste, 2 cups Milk, Sugar per your sweetness (I put 4 tablespoons) and let it boil.
4) Stir frequently so contents dont stick to the pan. Simmer on low flame till it becomes a little thick consistency.
5) Pour the contents to a bowl. Garnish with fried Cashewnuts and Cardamom Powder.
6) Serve warm or chill.