07/02/2012: Tindora Rice / Dondakaya Fried Rice - Has anyone heard about this entree before? I was surprised when I came upon this on internet while browsing for some fresh ideas. Very simple, very easy and very yummy too. Try and see yourself!
1) Cut the Tindora into short thin pieces and keep aside.
2) Pressure cook a cup of Rice with 2 cups of Water. Fluff the cooked Rice out with a fork and keep aside.
3) In a pan, heat 2 tsps of Oil. Add 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds, 1/4 tsp Urad Dal, 1/4 tsp Jeera Seeds, 3 to 4 Curry Leaves, a pinch of Asafoetida and a pinch of Turemeric.
4) Once the Spices sputter, mix in 1 medium Onion and 3 to 4 Green Chilis, all chopped finely. Stir till they turn golden brown.
5) Add the cut Tindora, 1/4 tsp Ginger Paste and Salt per taste.
6) Stir a little. Cover and cook till Tindora pieces get cooked well.
7) Add the fluffed up Rice, and stir well until all contents mix together.
8) Remove from flame. Garnish with fried Cashew Nuts and few sprigs of Cilantro.
9) Serve hot with Curd, Chutney or Raita.