06/30/2012: Thai Egg Plant Curry - I have seen this vegetable more than once in the Indian Grocery Store that I frequently shop at. However, never ventured to try it out simply because the vegetable never looked appealing for me to try. Well, courtesy of this food blog, I finally ended up cooking it. And surprisingly I found that the vegetable was more palatable than I think it would be. Hopefully you guys feel the same when you cook!
Note: Unable to post a picture. :( LJ is not cooperating today.
1) Chop the Thai Egg Plants into bite-sized pieces and keep them aside.
2) In a pan heat 1 tsp of Oil. Add 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds, 1/4 tsp Jeera Seeds, 1/4 tsp Urad Dal, pinch of Turmeric, pinch of Asafoetida and a few Curry Leaves.
3) Once the spices fry, add 1 medium Onion chopped finely and 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste.
4) Stir well. Add 1 medium Tomato finely chopped. Cover and cook till the vegetables become soft.
5) Add the chopped Egg Plant Pieces, 1 tsp Garam Masala, 1 tsp Red Chili Powder and 1 tsp Coriander Powder.
6) Stir well, cover and cook all the vegetables are cooked well.
7) Serve with Roti or Rice.