06/22/2012: Spicy Snake Gourd Coconut Curry / Potlakaya Kobbari Vepudu - A simple and easy recipe with a spicy twist to this Curry makes Snake Gourd more appealing. Enjoy the recipe.
1) Cut Potlakaya to small pieces.
2) In a pan heat 1 tsp Oil. Add 1/4 tsp of Mustard Seeds, 1/4 tsp of Jeera Seeds, 1/4 tsp of Urad Dal, 2 to 3 flakes Red Chilis, 2 medium chooped Garlic and 3 to 4 Curry Leaves.
4) Once spices start to sputter, add the cut pieces of Snake Gourd, Salt and cook under cover in medium flame for about 10 mins. Stir in between.
5) Once cooked well, add 2 to 3 tsps of Coconut Powder. Fry for two minutes.
6) Serve hot with Rice or Roti