Prologue: Go here.
06/12/2012 - Red Capsicum Chutney / Red Bell Pepper Chutney: If I am not wrong this recipe was given by my cousin-sister a while ago. Finally I tried it and it turned out yummy. Although the salt was less after the preparation was completed. Not sure how it would have turned out if I added more salt, but I left it as is and consumed it all. :)
1) Cut one Red Bell Pepper into bite size pieces. Fry them till cooked in 1 tsp Oil.
2) In a blender, add the cooked Red Bell Pepper pieces and enough Tamarind. Blend it into a smooth paste.
3) Pour the contents into a bowl.
4) Add Red Chilli Powder and Salt in 1:1 ratio per your taste.
5) Add 1 tsp of Cumin-Methi Powder. (Dry fry 1/2 tsp of Cumin Seeds and Methi Seeds. Blend into a fine powder).
6) Do not mix the contents yet.
7) In a small skillet, heat 2 tsps of Oil. Add 1/2 tsp of Cumin Seeds, 1/2 tsp of Mustard Seeds, 1/2 tsp of Urad Dal, few pieces of Red Chili flakes and Asafoetida / Hing.
8) Pour the seasonings onto the contents of the bowl.
9) Stir well. Serve as a side with anything.
10) This will stay fresh for approx 10 days.