Prologue: Go here.
05/27/2012: Punjabi Tinda Curry - A chance conversation at a gathering introduced me to this vegetable that is called as Punjabi Tinda or Indian Baby Pumpkin. Looks like a mix between guava and green tomato. Not wanting to ruin my enthu in what might the finished product look like, I went for a simple recipe that I regularly use for quick curries. Surprisingly it turned out pretty neat, and tasted just like a pumpkin. Hope you will like it too!
1) In a pan heat 2 tsps of Oil. Add 1/4 tsp of Mustard Seeds, 1/4 tsp of Cumin Seeds and few Curry Leaves.
2) When they sputter, add a pinch of Turmeric, a pinch of Hing and 1 medium Onion finely chopped.
3) Stir well. Add 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste and then stir till Onions turn brown.
4) Add 1 tomato chopped, 1 tsp Coriander Powder, 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder and 1/4 tsp Cumin Powder. Stir well.
5) Add 3 medium sized Punjabi Tina chopped to bite size pieces and Salt. Stir well.
6) COver and cook until Tinda is soft. If needed add a little water so Tinda can beocme soft.
7) Garnish with Cilantro
8) Serve with Rice or Roti.