05/07/2012: Dosakaya Podi Pappu Kura / Yellow Squash Masoor Dal Dry Curry - Had no idea that one can make Dosakaya curry this way too. Although I should have removed some of the seeds as the curry seems to have more seeds now. Next time when I try this curry I have to remember that!
Yellow Squash / Dosakaya - 1 medium peeled and cut into cubes
Pesarapappu / Moong Dal - a fistful
Coconut Powder (Dry or grated) - 3 tbsps
Green Chilis - 3 to 4 in number chooped finely
Garlic - 2 cloves large chopped
Salt per taste
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Spices: Mustard Seeds 1/4 tsp, Cumin Seeds 1/4 tsp, Urad Dal 1/4 tsp, Curry leaves a few, Red Chillies a couple broken to small pieces
Oil 2 tsps
1) In a pan heat Oil and add the Spices in the order mentioned.
2) Once the Spices fry well add Turmeric Powder, Garlic and Green Chilis
3) Then add Moong Dal. Stir well and cover with lid to cook on low flame for few mins
4) Now add Dosakaya pieces. Stir well, Cover and cook on low flame until everything cooks well.
5) Add Salt and Coconut Powder, stir well. Simmer for few minutes
6) Serve with Rice or Roti