Procedure: Go here.
03/13/2012: Wheat Flour Dosa / Atta Dosa / Godhuma Pindi Dosa - Over a conversation with friend about that how I ran out of Wheat Flour to make Rotis and that I need to buy, he hauled out a bag from his kitchen and handed it to me to take it for keeps. I took it graciously but then wondered why on earth was he having wheat flour when he doesnt make any rotis. That is when he mentioned, "Oh I use it to make dosas."
Me goes surpirsed, :"Dosas? With Wheat Flour?"
He says: "Yeah. Have you never had one?"
Me: "No. I havent. I am going to google the recipe and try it out."
He says: "What recipe to search? Just mix the flour, onions and green chilis with salt and water, make dosas on tava. Very simple and easy to make."
Me: Looked a bit stunned at him then laughed it off thinking of making the recipe as he mentioned although I spiced it a bit more when I actually made it.
So, here's the final product with the recipe. This is the first time I heard of such a dosa so had really enjoyed eating it. I hope you all also enjoy it.
Thank you my friend for introducing me to a new delicacy!
Wheat Flour / Atta – 1 cup
All purpose flour / Maida – 1/2 cup
Chopped Green chillies – 2
Chopped Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Coconut Powder / Grated Coconut (if wet) – 2 tbsps
Chopped Coriander Leaves – a few sprigs
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Sugar – A pinch
Water - enough to make a loose batter
Ingredients of Seasoning:
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Blackgram Dal / Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 3/4 tsp
Curry Leaves – 4 or 5
Oil - 2 tsp
1) In a bowl, mix all the ingredients, except Seasoning items, into a loose batter like a dosa batter (similar to the consistency thinner than a pancake batter).
2) In a small skillet, heat the Oil and add the Spices as mentioned in the order. Once the Spices fry well add them to the Dosa batter.
3) Heat a Dosa / Pancake girdle on medium flame. Spray little cooking oil and pour the batter. Spread it into a thin pancake.
4) Close with a lid and cook on low flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn it over and cook again under closed lid for 2 to 3 minutes until the dosa is done well.
5) Serve hot with any curd, chutney, pickle or dry chutney powder.