Prologue: Go here.
03/11/2012: Dhokla - For those who worry about calories and fat free food, a perfect North - Indian delicacy with low calories and does not compromise on taste. Yummilicious, easy to make and good for heart.
MTR Dhokla mix - 1 packet
Green Chilis - 3 Medium chopped finely
Cilantro - a few sprigs chopped finely
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida / Hing - a pinch
Oil - 2 tsp for Seasoning
Water and Oil - According to the box instructions
1) Per the Dhokla mix instructions in a bowl, blend Water, Oil and Dhokla Mix into a paste. Beat for few minutes to get the fluffiness.
2) In a flat bowl spray some Oil and pour the batter. Put this bowl in a Pressure Cooker and cook for 10 minutes. Do not use the whistle. You can use non-stick round cake pans if you have too. I used two small flat steel bowls that can go into a Pressure Cooker.
3) After the cooker cools, remove the lid and the bowls. Cut into big pieces and place them in a serving dish.
4) In a small skillet, heat Oil and then add Mustard Seeds. Once the seeds start sputtering add Green Chilis and Hing.
5) After a few stirs add 1/4 of the chopped Cilantro. Let the seasoning fry well, then pour it over the cut pieces of Dhokla.
6) Garnish with remaining sprigs of Cilantro. Serve hot or cold as an appetizer or a side entree.