02/17/2012 - Cauliflower Manchurian (Dry) - Spicy or non-spicy this is one appetizer that can disappear from the table before even served around! Oh yes, vanishes in thin air..er..goes into the stomach. :P
Cauliflower - 1 Medium size (Cut into small florets enough to dip into a batter)
Water - 2 to 3 cups
Milk - 2 or 3 tbsps
Lemon Juice - 2 or 3 tsps
All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup
Corn Flour - 1 cup
Chili Garlic Sauce - 3 tsps
Ajinomoto - 1/2 tsp
Red Chili Powder - 2 or 3 tsps (According to the spiciness one wants to eat)
Soya Sauce - 2 tsps
Salt - To taste
Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tsps
Green Bell Pepper / Capsicum - 1 small (Sliced to long pieces)
Onion - 1 small (Sliced to long pieces)
Garlic - 2 cloves (finely chopped)
Spring Onions - 1 sprig (finely chopped)
Oil - enough for deep frying
1) In a microwave bowl, put the cut Florets. Sprinkle some Water, add Milk and a little Salt.
2) Put in microwave for 4 to 5 minutes.
3) Mix the Lemon Juice on to these florets and marinate for 20 mins.
4) In a mixing bowl, mix Cornflour, Maida, 2 tsps Chili Garlic Sauce, Ajinomoto, Red Chili Powder, 1 tsp of Soya Sauce, Salt and Ginger Garlic Paste together. Then add enough Water to make it to a thick dipping batter.
5) In a wok, heat Oil enough for deep frying. Dip the marinated Florets one by one into the batter and fry in the Oil.
6) Keep them aside.
7) In a sauce pan, heat a little oil. Add Onions, Garlic and Capsicum. Saute them until they are semi-cooked.
8) Add the fried Florets now. Stir once.
9) Add the remaining Soya Sauce, Chili Garlic Sauce and Salt. Stir again.
10) Add the Spring Onions, stirring once before removing from the flame.
11) Serve hot as an appetizer.