Prologue: Go here.
02/10/2012: Dosakaya Pachadi Mukkalu / Lemon Cucumber Coarse Chutney - The charm of cooking without actually cooking is seen in this dish. Everything raw, yet when put together make a wonderful chutney that can be had with rice, roti or dosa.
Dosakaya / Lemon Cucumber - 2 (Peeled and cut to bite size pieces)
Green Chilis - 3 (Cut to large pieces)
Putnalu / Roasted Chana Dal / Putana - 2 tsp
Garlic Cloves - 2
Tamarind - 2 to 3 flakes
Coconut Powder - 2 tsps (Either fresh, frozen or powdered)
Spices for Seasoning - 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds, 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds, 1/2 tsp Chana Dal, 2 Red Chilies (squished to pieces), 2 to 3 Curry Leaves
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsps
1) In a blender, put Green Chilis, Cloves, Salt, Tamarind, Putnalu and Coconut Powder. Grind into a fine paste. Add Water as needed.
2) Now add the Dosakaya pieces and one quick turn of the blender, no more than once.
3) Pour the contents into a bowl.
4) In a small skillet, heat Oil. Add the Spices in the order mentioned. Once they fry, add it to the Chutney.
5) Serve with Rice or Roti or Dosa.