Prologue: Go here.
01/26/2012: Happy Republic Day - 26th January we celebrated 63rd Republic Day which originally started to honor the declaration of Independence to India from British in 1930. To honor this day I made this dish , Peas-Carrots Fried Rice, that has all the colors of our flag. Well, one was missing still managed to be part of the pic. **winks** I put in the Blue flower to capture the Blue color of the wheel of the flag, Peas gave the Green, Carrots the Saffron / Orange and Rice gave the White color.
Rice - 1 cup (Pressure cooked with 2 cups of water)
Carrots - 1/4 cup (Diced into small pieces)
Peas - 1/4 cup (I used frozen peas in this case)
Onions - 1 (Cut into small pieces)
Green Chilies - 3 (Sliced to small pieces)
Salt to Taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Spices - Mustard Seeds (1/4 tsp), Cumin Seeds (1/4 tsp)
1) In a sauce pan, heat Oil. Then add the Spices in the order mentioned.
2) After the Spices sputter, add Green Chilies to them. Fry a little.
3) Add the diced Onions now. Fry till Onions are slightly brown.
4) Add diced Carrots and Peas. Cook till the veggies are cooked well.
5) Add Salt. Mix well.
6) Add cooked Rice. Mix well and simmer for few minutes.
7) Serve with Yogurt, Chips and Pickle.